Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Review: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Release date: September 1st 2009
Published by:Scholastic
Number of pages:391 (Us hardcover)
Series:The hunger games triology
Grade: A+++++ (5 pluses xD)

Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves these victors with no sense of triumph.
Instead, they have become the poster boys for a rebellion that they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bull's-eye for merciless
revenge by The Capitol. Catching Fire maintains the adrenaline rush of Suzanne Collins's series launch.


Oh. My god.
I loved this book so much!
I have to reread this sometime soon.
The lack of romance in the first book was dissappointing but this one totally made up for that. I liked Catching Fire way better than the first one even though the first
one was amazing.
You get to know so much more about the world of panem in this book and also I find Katniss' and Gale's relationship way more interesting after reading this.


I really felt alot of stuff while reading this book, love, fright, hatred. There is alot of hatred in this one. That sounds so awful but in one scene where the capitol people
drank some white liquid to make them throw up so they could eat more while people can barely get food on their plates everyday in many districts, I was so mad!
The strangest thing is that the characters you love, like Cinna, also did this. It's just everyday life for them.
,
I loved all the new characters, especially Finnick, and the series took a whole new turn at the end that totally cought me by suprise.
It ends with a serious cliffhanger wich is cool sometimes cause it makes you wanna read the next book but this cliffhanger was just painful! I wanna read mockingjay
noooooooooow!
I have a few books I have to read before it though but I really can't wait to sink my teeth into it. I will probobly not leave the house once during christmas xD

Catching Fire gets and A+++++ xD

No comments:

Post a Comment