Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Review: Beastly by Alex Flinn

5 gumdrops (!!)
Beastly by Alex Flinn

Release date: October 1st 2007
Published by: Harper Teen
Number of pages: 304 (Us paperback)
Series: None

Plot:
I am a beast.

A beast!

Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright. I am a monster.

You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll,stay this way forever—ruined—unless I can break the spell.
Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly . . . beastly.

Review:
I-I II'm speechless. I gave this book 5 out of five gumdrops, and that's saying something. I really didn't think that this book would be anything special. I thought that it would be like a cute, funny little book to read in between books, if you get what i'm saying.
But wow!
It was so amazing and I have nothing to complain about. Except maybe that the book was too short xD

I loved the characters, Especially Adrian (Not in the beginning of course, duuuh!) and Will but also Kendra and Lindy of course :)

It was so sweet, the way Adrian took care of his beloved roses, how he turned in to such thoughtful and caring person and.. arghh, he's just so awesome!

Another thing I loved was that in the end there was this authors note where Miss Alex told the reader (in this case, ME) about what stories inspired her to write this novel. She also suggested a few movies and novels (YA actually*thumbs up*) that you could read if you wanted more Beauty & the beast stories. I really fell like buying the Disney Version of the tale on DVD and also i'm dying to see that french 1946 movie, "La belle et la bête" :)

So, really go out there and get your hands on this book! 
Borrow it from the library, buy it, borrow it from a friend,

WHATEVER JUST READ IT!

AARRGHHHH! RAAAAWRR! omg i'm turning in to a beast *horrified face*... xD

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha!!!! Raw I'm turning into a beast!
    Great review Janine! I really want to get this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read a Beauty and the Beast retelling even though I love the story so this one sounds fantastic! Thanks for the review :)

    I found your blog through Liddy's and I'm really glad I did- I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete