Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Review: City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

5 forking gumdrops!


City Of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

Release date: January 1st 2008
P
ublished by: Walker Childrens Paperback
Number of pages: 411 (UK Paperback)
Series: The mortal instruments



Plot:
Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go -- especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil -- and also her father.

To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings -- and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace. How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?

In this breathtaking sequel to City of Bones, Cassandra Clare lures her readers back into the dark grip of New York City's Downworld, where love is never safe and power becomes the deadliest temptation.



Review:
I want to start this off by saying that i liked this book way more than City of Bones. I just loved everything about this book. Before I didn
t really get why people loved this series so much. But when I got to page__about 150(?) I started to love love lovelovelove it!

I think that the vampire bit in this book was pretty awesome. I don't want to spoil anyone but a little teaser is that something vampire-ish happens xD

The love drama was way more developed than in City of bones. I loved that 'scene' at the seelie court, soo sweet :) Team Jace FTW!

I really enjoyed the new characters in this book aswell. The Inquisitor, for example. I really really liked her and when Luke told Clary about the Inquisitors life story, I was so sad :(

Magnus Bane develops alot in this book too. In City of Bones, he was more of a side character, but he plays a big role in this book, especially the end.

It's so hard to write this without spoiling anything, but Jace's and Clary's characters develop alot too and I loved that. I loved the really paranormal side to what Mr Jace and Miss Clary could do.


I know this review is pretty blurry, but I just want to say, If you didn't like City of Bones, DO NOT STOP READING THE SERIES! This book is so much better so I think that you should at least give it a try :)

2 comments:

  1. Köpte boken igår. Sedan när jag får se se dig skiva om att den är bättre än City of Bones vill jag genast läsa boken. Men det får bli efter Jinx och Fatta eld. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review !! I can't wait to re read the series and to have City of Fallen Angels !! =)

    ReplyDelete