Friday, November 26, 2010

Review: The Summoning by Keley Armstrong

Release date: july 3rd 2008
Published by: HarperTeen
Number of pages: 468 (Us paperback)
Series: Darkest powers trilogy 
Grade: C+


My name is Chloe Saunders and my life will never be the same again. 


All I wanted was to make friends, meet boys, and keep on being ordinary. I don't even know what that means anymore.
 It all started on the day that I saw my first ghost—and the ghost saw me. 


Now there are ghosts everywhere and they won't leave me alone. To top it all off, I somehow got myself locked up in Lyle House, 
a "special home" for troubled teens. Yet the home isn't what it seems.
 Don't tell anyone, but I think there might be more to my housemates than meets the eye. The question is, whose side are they on? 
It's up to me to figure out the dangerous secrets behind Lyle House… before its skeletons come back to haunt me.


This book was kind of a slow read for me actually. Not bcus I didn't like it just bcus it was quite slow in the beginning.
I loved the ending though and i'm really looking forward to reading the awakening wich is the second book in the darkes powers triology.


I was quite dissapointed that you didn't get to know more about the ruby necklace that Chloe's mother gave her. Since it's on the cover I was expecting it to be part of the story. 
But when I noticed that the second and third book covers also had one of these necklaces on them i figured that they must have some part in the second and third books. 


My guess is that they have some kind of magical power and she has to find all of them to like, find dereks and simons father or something. 
Well, overall i liked it. It gets a C+











2 comments:

  1. Awesome review!

    I'm torn about ordering this or not, I've heard mixed reviews. I sit worth it or is there another that it much better?

    -Liddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definetly think you should get it, cause i really think it's worth reading and i've heard that the series will pick up in the next book :9

    ~ janine

    ReplyDelete