Saturday, February 26, 2011

Review: Evermore and Blue Moon by Alyson Noël

3 gumdrops 

Evermore by Alyson Noël
Release date: January 1st 2009
Published by: St martins griffin
Number of pages: 358 (UK paperback)
Series: The Immortals series (1)

Plot:
Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch.   Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste… 

Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition.  He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets.  Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head.  She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is.  Damen equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies.

 
Blue Moon by Alyson Noël
Release date: July 7th 2009
Published by: 
Macmillan Children's Books 
Number of pages: 362 (UK paperback)
Series: The Immortals series (2)

Plot:
Things have changed for Ever since she met her beloved Damen - not least because she's got a whole new set of powers, courtesy of her new Immortal status. Just as she's getting stronger, though, Damen seems to be weakening. 

Panicked at the thought of losing him, Ever finds a path to the in-between world known as Summerland, where she learns the secrets of Damen's tortured past. But in searching for a cure for him, Ever accidentally discovers a way to twist time so she can save her family from the accident that killed them.
 It's all she's ever wanted - but so is Damen. And Ever must choose between them...

Review:
I liked these books alot more than I thought that I would actually. I'd heared mixed reviews on this series so I was quite hesitant to pick these books up.
I found Ever and Damens love story to be very... sweet, in lack of a better word. 

About the characters, I liked some of them alot. And some of them I liked less.

Okay, let's start with Damen. I liked him. I thought he seemed liek a cool dude - a six hundred year old high school junior who used to hang with Leonardo da Vinchi ?! - and he really loves Ever alot. He was a well developed character and you could tell while reading these books that Alyson put alot of thought into the character of Damen.

Ever on the other hand, I found her very two dimensional and she relies on Damen a tad too much. I liked the fact that she was psychic and could see auras and stuff and I also liked that you could tell how much she loved her little sister, Riley, who by the way is my favorite character.

Drina is awesome. 
She is a good example of those villains that you're scared of. She's been driven mad by jealousy for four hundred years, I get goosebumps just thinking about her :S


If I had to choose one of these books I would choose the second one 'Blue moon', but it is a fine between the two :D

No comments:

Post a Comment